Gevestigd in Regio Eindhoven
Our client is expanding its product base and is focused on new developments in world of connectivity. The success of their products depends strongly in the high quality of software and firmware that they develop. Together with their hardware and application engineering groups, the software group is responsible for the development of new products and the support of existing product lines. The McKey Group is exclusively looking for a software engineer for them within their software team.
He or she will be responsible for developing firmware for their FTTH products. The software engineer will be working in a wide field, ranging from low-level networking (optical and electrical transmission, Ethernet) to high-level functionality (routing, web-interfaces, VoIP).
- Development and maintenance of firmware for the FTTH products.
- Interaction with hardware team to define products.
- Translation of product requirements into software implementation .
- Completed technical study, at least at Bachelor level in Information Sciences or Electronic Engineering (HBO/WO).
- Several years experience would be nice but is not a must.
- Solid knowledge of C (in embedded systems).
- RTOS and/or embedded Linux experience is an advantage.
- Awareness of quality and efficiency in programming.
- Knowledge of IPv6 and wireless is an advantage.
- Ability to take responsibility for a product or project
What do they offer
- A permanent job in a open culture
- Highly talented, distributed and multicultural team of network and application engineers.
- Working on great tech stack with cutting edge glass fiber technologies.
- Product company with a long-term vision.
- Competitive salary depending on the relative work experience.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business.
- Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
- The best equipment money can buy.